Before we share the safety details here are our guiding principles.
1. We will always seek to bring glory to God. “So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.” (1 Corinthians 10:31)
2. We will protect the unity of the Spirit. “With all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.” (Ephesians 4:2-3)
3. We will put the needs of others before our own. “Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.” (Philippians 2:3-4)
4. We will implement safety measures. “The prudent sees danger and hides himself, but the simple go on and suffer for it.” (Proverbs 27:12)
5. We will continuously seek God’s wisdom. “But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial and sincere. And a harvest of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.” (James 3:17-18)
While it’s thrilling to gather again, it’s important to manage your expectations because it looks and feels different.
The parking lot isn't as full as before covid-19. You might even feel a bit awkward. Some of what we’re asking you to do will be inconvenient.
Please be gracious as we gather in the midst of this pandemic.
In-person Services have resumed at normal service times – Saturdays at 5pm, Sundays at 9am and 10:45am. We are adhering to social distancing guidlines and recommending that attenders use a facemask to protect themselves and others.
We are seating people first in the Worship Center until we can no longer social distance, then we will begin seating in the Life Center video overflow.
We are sanitizing between services.
Entrances and Exits
Both the main entrance and the new south entrance are open.
In order to optimize our capacity and maintain adequate social distance, our ushers will direct you to your seat. They will also dismiss you row by row, for a safe and immediate exit. We request that you not linger in the building afterwards, but feel free to talk with people in the parking lot following the services.
We will not have printed connection cards, sermon notes or bulletins. You are encouraged to access these on our mobile app. Please bring your bible as we are temporarily not providing bibles in the backs of the seats.
We will be following reasonable health and safety measures. If you have a fever or a cough, or other risk factors, please stay home. We will have hand sanitizer available throughout the facility and will be practicing social distancing. We ask for you to refrain from shaking hands or hugging people.
Face Masks Encouraged
As a way to serve others, we encourage everyone to wear face masks, especially when coming into and leaving the worship services. We will have face masks available free of charge. All volunteers and staff, with the exception of those on the platform will be wearing masks. The worship team size will be smaller and will be further back on the platform as will the preacher.
We are currently offering nursery, preschool, and elementary programing at the 9AM Worship Service only. In order to serve Edgewood families most effectively, we are asking families to pre-check in as soon as possible each week prior to the weekend. If you prefer, children are always welcome in the service.
The Family Room is be available for parents who need to attend to the needs of infants.
Student and Adult Growth Groups
These groups will not be meeting on Sundays at this time but hope to have them meeting soon.
The Café is not open at this time.
The best way to give during this season is digitally through our website or app. If you prefer to not give digitally, you can mail your offering to the church or you can use the offering boxes available in both the main and south lobbies.
If you’re not ready to return for in-person services, that’s totally understandable. Our worship services are available at 8:00 am on COZI TV (6.3, Mediacom 106) through December. You can still access our services on demand through our website and mobile app.