EdgeKids has made a comeback! Over the last several months, we’ve been able to continue teaching kids God’s truths through online resources. But we have cautiously begun some in-person programming. At this time we are providing children's ministry programming and nursery for the 9:00AM worship service only. In order to serve our families better we are asking that families to pre-check in as soon as possible prior to each weekend.
These are the safety protocols we have implemented for our weekend programs:
1. We will limit the number of infants/children in a room.
2. All adult workers will wear masks. (Gloves will be used as needed in the nursery)
3. Parents will determine if their child will wear a mask. We do strongly recommend masks for drop off and pick up as social distancing will be difficult in hallways.
4. We will creatively social distance in the classrooms.
5. Preschool and elementary will use hand sanitizer as they arrive and as they leave
6. In nursery and preschool, toys/games will be limited and will be sanitized after use. There will be no hands-on activities for elementary age children.
7. We encourage parents to take all children to the restrooms on the main level before the service. We will reserve the restrooms in the children's area for emergencies only, if possible.
8. No snacks will be given to children. In the nursery, bottles will be given to infants as requested by parents.
9. Rooms will be sanitized after each use.
If possible, we ask that you pre-check your child(ren) using the form available below. We will pre-print name tags and pick up tags for your children and have them ready for you. Visitors and those who don't pre-check in will go to the Check-In Desk on the lower level and will be able to register/check-in there. The check-in kiosks won't be used during this time.
As you can imagine, one of the challenges with reopening a ministry is finding ministry volunteers to help the ministry function. In the nursery and children’s ministries, more than half of the ministry volunteers are not yet ready to come back. Reasons range from concerns for their own health, possibly exposing high-risk family members, and job concerns related to lost pay if they have to quarantine due to an exposure. The result is a void of ministry volunteers in the Children’s Ministry. If you would be interested in serving, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We are especially looking for servants for the nursery and preschool areas at 9 AM. (Please note: Everyone who serves with children or students here at Edgewood must be a member or regular attender, will be background checked, and attend a one hour Child Protection Class)
Thanks for making EdgeKids a part of your family!